The following reading guide is designed for a 6-week group study.
- [English Translation] Athanasius, On the Incarnation (SVS Press, 2012), trans. by John Behr. $17.
- [Greek Original and English Translation] Athanasius, On the Incarnation: English and Greek Edition (SVS Press, 2012), trans. by John Behr. $17.
- Week 1: Preface (Lewis), Introduction (Behr), Prologue (Inc. 1)
- Week 2: The Divine Dilemma regarding Life and Death (2–10)
- Week 3: The Divine Dilemma regarding Knowledge and Ignorance (11–19) (coming soon)
- Week 4: The Death of Christ and the Resurrection of the Body (20–32) (coming soon)
- Week 5: Refutation of the Jews (33–40) (coming soon)
- Week 6: Refutation of the Gentiles (41–55) and Conclusion (56–57) (coming soon)
- Athanasius, “Against the Heathen,” newadvent.org. The prior work referred to at the beginning of On the Incarnation.
- “Athanasius: Five-time exile for fighting ‘orthodoxy’,” Christianity Today. Biographical article.
- Brandon Smith and Luke Stamps, “Theology Classics: Athanasius of Alexandria,” Center for Baptist Renewal. Podcast.
- “Passages – Chapter 4.” This episode of Passages (a podcast on the story of the Nicene Creed) discusses the life and work of Athanasius.
- Peter Leithart, Athanasius (Baker Academic, 2011). 222 pages. $28. Biography.