The 24 lessons listed below are designed for use with the Catechism and can be used with the 24-week Bible Foundations reading plan for a comprehensive discipleship course. Each lesson goes into more depth about questions from the Catechism.
- Lesson 1: God & His Attributes
- Lesson 2: The Trinity
- Lesson 3: Revelation
- Lesson 4: Man
- Lesson 5: Law, Part 1: Loving God
- Lesson 6: Law, Part 2: Loving Others
- Lesson 7: Sin
- Lesson 8: Gospel
- Lesson 9: Salvation
- Lesson 10: Good Works and God’s Law
- Lesson 11: God’s Grace
- Lesson 12: Jesus as God and Man
- Lesson 13: Jesus as Prophet, Priest, and King
- Lesson 14: Benefits of Salvation
- Lesson 15: The Church
- Lesson 16: Baptism & The Lord’s Supper
- Lesson 17: Christian Relationships
- Lesson 18: Prayer
- Lesson 19: The Holy Spirit
- Lesson 20: Assurance
- Lesson 21: Entire Sanctification
- Lesson 22: Christ Risen & Ascended
- Lesson 23: Christ Coming
- Lesson 24: Final Redemption & Eternal Life
Recommendations for Best Results
Although this curriculum may be used as 24 stand-alone lessons, it is best used as a supplement to the Catechism. The lessons are recommended for a Sunday School, small group, or family setting.
- Start by reading the corresponding catechism questions.
- Have a group leader read each paragraph or section in the lesson.
- Take time for the discussion questions at the end of the lesson.
- Conclude with prayer, then recite the Lord’s Prayer together.
A word to group leaders: When key Bible verses are referenced but not written out, assign someone to look them up. Do not skip the discussion questions at the end — or at least take time for discussion of some kind. Lead with transparency to cultivate an atmosphere where people can confess their questions and struggles without fear of being judged or condemned.